Rules and Conditions
1. An eligible candidate for a New Brunswick Knights of Columbus State Council’s Bishop Godin Scholarship will be (i) a member in good standing in a Knights of Columbus Council in New Brunswick, or (ii) the spouse of such a member, or (iii) the son or daughter of such a member, or (iv) the son or daughter of a deceased member who was in good standing at the time of his death, or (v) the grandson or granddaughter of a member in good standing in a Knights of Columbus Council in New Brunswick. Such membership standing will be verified from the records of the member’s local council and of the Supreme Council.
2. All candidates for this scholarship must have applied at a recognized university, college or post-secondary educational institution.
3. There will be at least eight (8) scholarships awarded annually in each Roman Catholic Diocese in the Province of New Brunswick.
4. The scholarships are awarded for a maximum of five (5) years, renewable annually on the condition of satisfactory educational achievement and based on financial needs; incumbent must reapply yearly.
5. The value of the scholarships: $800.00.
with proof of
enrollment at a
will be paid
directly to the
at the beginning
of the second
7. With their application, applicants must include an official transcript of marks from High School and/or post-secondary educational institution. In case of renewal the applicant must include an official transcript of mark for all the years at the University and for the current year the first semester (September 2016 to December 2016).
8. Applicants must attach a recent photo (graduation) with application.
9. Scholarships will be given based on scholastic achievement of the applicant, his/her financial needs with regards to personal and family resources and his/her leadership abilities.
10. All applications must be accompanied with a resume and an autobiographical statement including a brief description of the applicant’s (i) Educational objectives, (ii) Church activities, (iii) Extracurricular activities and (iv) Community involvement.
11. The deadline for filing a scholarship application: Applications, with all supporting documents included, must be received on, or before, March 31st of each year.
12. Only one bursary per family at the same time will be allocated.
39 Marmen Avenue
Tel.: 506-739-5810,Email: firstname.lastname@example.org